Highgate Cemetery is the place situated in North London. It is divided into 2 parts (i.e the East and the West Side). The Cemetery is located on both sides of Swain’s Lane in Highgate, next to Waterlow Park. This place has two gates, one is located on the Swains Lane near the Oakshott Avenue, and another gate is located on the Chester Road. The closest transport link to this cemetery is archway tube station.
There are around 170,000 individuals buried in this Cemetery in around 53,000 graves. This place is known as one of the most haunted places in the world.
The story of Highgate Cemetery
Monuments to the dead in Highgate cemetery became more and more ambitious.
There are many rumors about Highgate Cemetery, some of them are
- The offices of the local newspaper companies, Highgate express, and hampstamp started receiving letters from frightened people who went from spiritual encounters.
- On the internet, one man wrote the article that his vehicle broke down near the Cemetery and the red eyes were glaring him from the Cemetery gate.
- Another man wrote that one day he
waswalkingdown from Swains lane, he was suddenly knocked from behind by acreaturewho suddenly dissolved into air.
- Like this, there are many more rumors
andactivitiesrelated to this place, which make this place one of the most hauntedplacesin the world.
- And due to all these paranormal activities
,thisplace is considered as one of the most haunted places in the world. Thereisalso research going in this place.